[squeak-dev] About Mantis and how improve 5.2

Fabio Niephaus lists at fniephaus.com
Tue Jun 12 09:28:53 UTC 2018

Hi all,

On Sat, Jun 9, 2018 at 12:50 PM Edgar J. De Cleene <edgardec2005 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Folks:
>
> We have a very powerful tool in Mantis at http://bugs.squeak.org/.
>
> For a lot of misfortunes at some time we don't use it or not use as should
> be.
> Lucky us still 5.2 have a very power how to query it inside.
>
> If you do:
>
> |date |
> date :=  (DateAndTime fromString: ' 2008-01-01T00:00').
> Installer mantis bugsAll select: [ :ea | (ea date < date) = false  & ((ea
> array at: 7) = 'crash') & ((ea array at: 2) = 'Squeak')].
> And explore the report
>
> You learn still we have 31 reported crashes.

Are these all VM crashes? I agree that bug tracking is very important. For
the OpenSmalltalkVM, however, we use GitHub issues (see [1]) these days.
Could someone go over the different crashes in Mantis, identify the ones
that are still reproducible using 5.2alpha, and then open new issues at [1]?

Thanks,
Fabio

[1] https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/issues