[squeak-dev] The Inbox: EToys-hjh.333.mcz

Chris Cunningham cunningham.cb at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 22:28:38 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 8:37 PM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 11:29:49PM +0200, H. Hirzel wrote:
> >
> > On 6/11/18, Chris Cunningham <cunningham.cb at gmail.com> wrote:

> Morphic-Basic,

> scale

> etc.
> the
> > >
> > > Looking at the definitions in the image, there are 4 definitions of
> these
> > > methods.  The 3 definitions NOT in Etoys are in the method category
> > > 'geometry etoy'.  So I'd suggest putting them there to at least have
> all of
> > > them in the same place.
> >
> > So the proposal is to
> >
> > a) to move all from category '*Etoys-geometry* to category *geometry
> > eToy* and then the two methods
> >
> > rotationCenter and rotationCenter:
> >
> > to category 'rotate scale and flex'
> >

> I think that Chris Cunningham is supporting your original proposal to move
> rotationCenter and rotationCenter: from '*Etoys-geometry' in package Etoys
> to 'geometry eToy' in package Morphic.
>
> This seems right because it is consistent with other implementers of
> rotationCenter and rotationCenter: in Morphic.
>
> Subbu offered some additional suggestions, but let's get your original
> fix into trunk first :-)
>
> Dave

Thanks Dave,
that is what I intended.

Looking at what was committed, I think we should now move the other methods
of the same name on different objects/packages also into the more specific
method categories as well.

This could be the tip of the iceberg in re-classifying methods - I'm not
sure how far this wants to go before the release, but at least related same
methods should be categorized so the next person to encounter them see them
consistently placed.

If no one beats me to it, I'll do that in before the next day passes
(especially since I seem to be more motivated by it at the moment).

-cbc