[squeak-dev] About Mantis and how improve 5.2

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Jun 13 01:56:47 UTC 2018

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 07:12:23AM -0300, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> On 12/06/2018, 06:28, "Fabio Niephaus" <lists at fniephaus.com> wrote:
>
> >> Are these all VM crashes? I agree that bug tracking is very important. For
> >> the OpenSmalltalkVM, however, we use GitHub issues (see [1]) these days.
> >> Could someone go over the different crashes in Mantis, identify the ones that
> >> are still reproducible using 5.2alpha, and then open new issues at [1]?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Fabio
>
> Not all was VM crashes
> |date |
> date :=  (DateAndTime fromString: ' 2008-01-01T00:00').
> Installer mantis bugsAll select: [ :ea | (ea date < date) = false  & ((ea
> array at: 7) = 'crash') & ((ea array at: 3) = 'VM')].
> Gives 17 crashes and some was very old, as old as 2009, and I see several
> was solved.
> David Lewis sure could say which ones still have sense.
>
> Edgar
> @morplenauta

I checked the 17 issues in this list, and one of them is a concern for
OpenSmalltalkVM:

  http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7870

I updated the issue on Mantis, setting it to "acknowledged" and suggesting
follow up on vm-dev and/or the github issue tracker. The issue involves
saving very large images, so it may be of real interest on vm-dev because
saving a large image (~ 3GB) with a 64-bit VM, and this is something that
we want to work without problems.

The other 16 issues are much older and are probably not of concern for the
Squeak 5.2 release.

Dave