[squeak-dev] Smalltalk Express ?

Jecel Assumpcao Jr. jecel at merlintec.com
Wed Jun 13 20:19:50 UTC 2018

Tim Rowledg wrote on Wed, 13 Jun 2018 12:42:20 -0700
> Not seen this before; it caught my eye on G+ for reasons Eliot will immediately notice :-)
>
> Looks like a very basic implementation but interesting.
>
> https://store.smalltalk.express
>
> and plain 'smalltalk.express' gets an in-browser demo

It seems very interesting, but I think it is unfortunate when people
reuse old names for new projects (very often due to ignorance).
Smalltalk Express was the name of the free (zero cost) release of the
old Digitalk Smalltalk V/Win. So stuff like this will cause confusion:

http://www.math.rsu.ru/smalltalk/Learning/VWin/

http://www.andreadrian.de/smalltalk/

-- Jecel

p.s.: I suppose that being part of a community that reused the much
abused name "Slang" kind of undermines my authority to make such
complaints :-)