[squeak-dev] Monticello Package Rename Policy

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 20:17:33 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 12:15 PM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All, Hi Bert,
>
>     if one tries to rename a modified package in the Monticello browser
> one is told one can only rename unmodified packages.  Why?  AFAICS it
> should "just work".  What am I missing?

Indeed, I just bypassed the check in the debugger and did the rename of my
modified package and I can see no ill effects.  I understand that the
package gets marked as modified when renamed, and that hence that fresh
indication of modification won't show up because the package is already
modified, but so what?  So this seems to me like an unnecessary restriction.

> best, Eliot

best, Eliot