[squeak-dev] SqueakSSL primitiveSSLCreate >> fails

Ron Teitelbaum ron at usmedrec.com
Fri Jun 22 23:02:16 UTC 2018

Hi Tobias,

Disabling TLS 1.0 will cause Win 7 to fail unless you follow the steps
defined on my post.  https://www.3dicc.com/adding-
tls1-1-support-to-windows-7/  I have verified that if you follow these
steps Win 7 will work using TLS 1.1.

Disabling TLS 1.0 is the right thing to do.  I haven't had a chance to try
your new code yet.  What I do for testing is use the VMWare virtual machine
of Win 7 (64 bit).

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/tools/vms/

That works well for testing.

Hi JRM,

I would be very interested to know if your updated Win 7 computer works now
for TLS 1.1.  Could you try this and let me know?

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/viewMyClient.html

Could you let me know if it supports TLS 1.1 without changing anything
else?  Who knows maybe Microsoft pushed out a patch for it.

Thanks!

All the best,

*Ron Teitelbaum*
*Chief Executive Officer**3D Immersive Collaboration Consulting, LLC*
ron at 3cicc.com <ron at 3Dicc.com>
Follow Me On Twitter: @RonTeitelbaum <https://twitter.com/RonTeitelbaum>
www.3dicc.com
https://www.google.com/+3dicc