[squeak-dev] The Trunk: HelpSystem-Core-tpr.106.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Mon Jun 25 01:49:09 UTC 2018

tim Rowledge uploaded a new version of HelpSystem-Core to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/HelpSystem-Core-tpr.106.mcz

Name: HelpSystem-Core-tpr.106
Author: tpr
Time: 24 June 2018, 6:48:57.953018 pm
UUID: 885548ab-d5f5-46cd-8dd7-3e73095ac536
Ancestors: HelpSystem-Core-tpr.105

Start process of moving responsibilty for deciding on Help content code styling or not from TheWorldMainDock to the actual content.
The overall effect of these groups of changes is to make no visual difference. Yet.

=============== Diff against HelpSystem-Core-tpr.105 ===============

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: AbstractHelpTopic>>usesCodeStyling (in category 'testing') -----
+ usesCodeStyling
+ 	"do I need a styled (ie with Shout) browser page?"
+ 	^false!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: ClassBasedHelpTopic>>usesCodeStyling (in category 'testing') -----
+ usesCodeStyling
+ 	"ask my helpClass if it wants pages styled for code; at some point it should be made possible for individual topics to make this choice and the help browser will do The Right Thing for each one"
+ 		^helpClass ifNil:[false] ifNotNil:[:hC| hC usesCodeStyling]!

Item was added:
+ HelpTopic subclass: #CodeStyledHelpTopic
+ 	instanceVariableNames: ''
+ 	classVariableNames: ''
+ 	poolDictionaries: ''
+ 	category: 'HelpSystem-Core-Model'!
+
+ !CodeStyledHelpTopic commentStamp: 'tpr 6/19/2018 19:27' prior: 0!
+ A CodeStyledHelpTopic is a simple way to make sure a help topic gets styled for code in a help browser. Once the help browser is able to code-style individual chunks instead of having to brute-force entire pages we can remove this class and simplify thngs!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: CodeStyledHelpTopic>>usesCodeStyling (in category 'testing') -----
+ usesCodeStyling
+ 	"do I need a styled (ie with Shout) browser page?"
+ 	^true!

Item was added:
+ ----- Method: CustomHelp class>>usesCodeStyling (in category 'testing') -----
+ usesCodeStyling
+ 	"do I want pages styled for code; at some point it should be made possible for individual topics to make this choice and the help browser will do The Right Thing for each one"
+ 		^false!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: HelpBrowser>>buildWith: (in category 'toolbuilder') -----
  buildWith: builder

  	| windowSpec |
  	windowSpec := self buildWindowWith: builder.

  	windowSpec children
  		add: (self buildSearchWith: builder);
  		add: (self buildTreeWith: builder);
+ 		add: ( (rootTopic notNil and:[
+ 			rootTopic usesCodeStyling])
+ 				ifTrue:[self buildCodeContentsWith: builder]
+ 				ifFalse:[self buildContentsWith: builder]).
- 		add: (self buildContentsWith: builder).

  	^ builder build: windowSpec!

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: HelpBrowser>>rootTopic: (in category 'accessing') -----
  rootTopic: aHelpTopic
+ 	"set the root topic and work out the top level sub-topics that it implies. Add the search topic at the end of the list"
-
  	rootTopic := aHelpTopic asHelpTopic.

+ 	self toplevelTopics: ((rootTopic ifNil: [#()] ifNotNil: [rootTopic subtopics]) sorted, {self searchTopic}).
- 	self toplevelTopics: ((self rootTopic ifNil: [#()] ifNotNil: #subtopics) sorted, {self searchTopic}).
  	self changed: #windowTitle.!