[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Tools-cmm.823.mcz

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 21:15:44 UTC 2018

Hi Chris,

On Sat, Jun 23, 2018 at 4:06 PM, <commits at source.squeak.org> wrote:

> [...]
>
> Item was changed:
>   ----- Method: Debugger>>buildFullWith: (in category 'toolbuilder') -----
>   buildFullWith: builder
>         | windowSpec listSpec textSpec |
>         windowSpec := builder pluggableWindowSpec new
>                 model: self;
>                 label: 'Debugger';
>                 children: OrderedCollection new.
> -       SavedExtent ifNotNil:
> -               [windowSpec extent: SavedExtent].
>
>         listSpec := builder pluggableListSpec new.
>         listSpec
>                 model: self;
>                 list: #contextStackList;
>                 getIndex: #contextStackIndex;
>                 setIndex: #toggleContextStackIndex:;
>                 menu: #contextStackMenu:shifted:;
>                 icon: #messageIconAt:;
>                 helpItem: #messageHelpAt:;
>                 keyPress: #contextStackKey:from:;
>                 frame: (0 at 0 corner: 1 at 0.22).
>         windowSpec children add: listSpec.
>

>         textSpec := self buildCodePaneWith: builder.
>         textSpec frame: (0 at 0.22corner: 1 at 0.8).
>         windowSpec children add: textSpec.
>
>         listSpec := builder pluggableListSpec new.
>         listSpec
>                 model: self receiverInspector;
>                 list: #fieldList;
>                 getIndex: #selectionIndex;
>                 setIndex: #toggleIndex:;
>                 menu: #fieldListMenu:;
>                 keyPress: #inspectorKey:from:;
>                 frame: (0 at 0.8 corner: 0.2 at 1);
>                 help: 'Receiver''s\Instance\Variables' withCRs.
>         windowSpec children add: listSpec.
>
>         textSpec := builder pluggableTextSpec new.
>         textSpec
>                 model: self receiverInspector;
>                 getText: #contents;
>                 setText: #accept:;
>                 help: '<- Select receiver''s field' translated;
>                 selection: #contentsSelection;
>                 menu: #codePaneMenu:shifted:;
>                 frame: (0.2 at 0.8 corner: 0.5 at 1).
>         windowSpec children add: textSpec.
>
>         listSpec := builder pluggableListSpec new.
>         listSpec
>                 model: self contextVariablesInspector;
>                 list: #fieldList;
>                 getIndex: #selectionIndex;
>                 setIndex: #toggleIndex:;
>                 menu: #fieldListMenu:;
>                 keyPress: #inspectorKey:from:;
>                 frame: (0.5 at 0.8 corner: 0.7 at 1);
>                 help: 'Other\Context\Bindings' withCRs.
>         windowSpec children add: listSpec.
>
>         textSpec := builder pluggableTextSpec new.
>         textSpec
>                 model: self contextVariablesInspector;
>                 getText: #contents;
>                 setText: #accept:;
>                 help: '<- Select context''s field' translated;
>                 selection: #contentsSelection;
>                 menu: #codePaneMenu:shifted:;
>                 frame: (0.7 at 0.8 corner: 1 at 1).
>         windowSpec children add: textSpec.
>
>         ^builder build: windowSpec!
>
> Item was changed:
>   ----- Method: Debugger>>initialExtent (in category 'initialize') -----
>   initialExtent
>         "Initial extent for the full debugger. For the notifier's extent
> see #initialExtentForNotifier."
>
> +       ^ SavedExtent ifNil: [ 600 at 700]!

and the below is broken.  If SavedExtent is nil, it won't remember
anything.  Look, is remembering the last open extent of the debugger a huge
improvement or not?  I find it a huge improvement.  You've just negated
that.  You consistently protest/alter/reject my contributions.  It's
getting tedious.

--
best, Eliot