[squeak-dev] iOS web browser that doesn't automatically reload pages?

Craig Latta craig at blackpagedigital.com
Tue Jun 26 07:01:41 UTC 2018

Hi all--

     I've been developing Caffeine[1] into a usable environment on
mobile devices. The biggest problem I have now is that iOS Safari
reloads web pages after switching to another app, with no opportunity to
make a snapshot to the web browser's storage.

     Has anyone encountered a sideloaded[2] web browser that doesn't do
this? (All the web browsers in the Apple app store are just repackagings
of Safari, as per Apple fiat.) If I can't fix this, I'll have to switch
to Android.

     thanks,

-C

[1] https://github.com/ccrraaiigg/ccrraaiigg.github.io