[squeak-dev] Sunday Squeakers (was: Fwd: ServerDirectory example login is dead)

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Wed Jun 27 01:30:00 UTC 2018

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 02:48:56PM -0700, John-Reed Maffeo wrote:
> Hmmm... Did I miss the memo? Is "Sunday Squeaker" a new role in the "Great
> Chain of Squeakers"? something between noob and Knight of the Square
> Bracket?
>
> Let me know and I will update the WackyWiki ;-)

I think it is a very old role. A Sunday Squeaker is someone who enjoys
working or playing with Squeak with a nice fresh pot of good coffee at
hand on a relaxing Sunday morning or afternoon.

I have always thought of myself as a Sunday Squeaker, but I guess I'm not
sure if anyone ever put out the memo. After all, that would require more
initiative than someone like me would ever be likely to muster on a Sunday.

Just in case it turns out to be me who accidentally introduced the term
"Sunday Squeaker", I want to note for the historical record that I would
have been inspired by the late great Ken Willard who for many years wrote
my favorite column in the "Model Airplane News" or "Radio Control Modeler"
magazine (one of those, I don't quite remember which). Ken was a committed
amateur enthusiast, and he inspired me when I was a kid and probably still
subliminally inspires me today.

Reference: https://www.modelaircraft.org/files/WillardKen.pdf

Dave