[squeak-dev] A new Squeak release

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Sun Mar 4 09:51:44 UTC 2018

>         Aditional Alice stuff here
>         http://squeakros.org/FunSqueak4.6/Alice%20in%20a%20Squeak.pdf
>         <http://squeakros.org/FunSqueak4.6/Alice%20in%20a%20Squeak.pdf>
>         http://squeakros.org/FunSqueak4.6/SqueakObjects.zip
>         <http://squeakros.org/FunSqueak4.6/SqueakObjects.zip>
>

>     Is there somewhere a cog VM for windows with 3D support?
>

> Thinking, you need to check the Squeak.ini for B3DXUsesOpenGL=1

Thanks. It appears it is the case.

More details:

I have been using Cog VM 45 (release) from March 10, 2016 to open the
FunSqueak4dot6 image provided by Edgar.

There I did 'Wonderland new' in a workspace, and got the warning message:

"This Squeak does not have read 3D support. Opening a Wonderland will be
EXTREMELY time consuming"

Tracing back the origin of this message, I saw that 'B3DPrimitiveEngine
isAvailable' returns false (because in turn B3DPrimitiveRasterizer,
B3DPrimitiveShader and B3DPrimitiveTransformer are not available) hence
my question.

Following your suggestion, I did checked that indeed B3DXUsesOpenGL=1 in
the Squeak.ini

best,

Stef