[squeak-dev] A new Squeak release

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 18:16:34 UTC 2018

Hi Stéphane,

On Sun, Mar 4, 2018 at 6:17 AM, Stéphane Rollandin <lecteur at zogotounga.net>
wrote:

> I can't even get that far. How did you get from the link mentioned before
>> to the file you think might be the correct one?

>>> Ok, then I assume the current one for a 4.6 image is
>>> cog_win32x86_squeak.cog.v3_201608171728
>>>

> I used the first link...
>
> now from the second I just found squeak.cog.v3_win32x86_201803032041
> which is more recent, but still with the same outcome: 3D primitives are
> missing.>

and if you put "B3DXUsesOpenGL=0" in Squeak.ini what happens then?  AFAICT
all the 3D support is included in the VM as it ever was.  I'm sorry, but
I'm not very familiar with the 3D support on Windows.  I do know that Ronie
got the OpenGL example working on Mac OS in 32 and 64 bits late last year.
And I think we tested all platforms and found it worked.  What that implies
for the B3DAcceleratorPlugin on win32 I don't know.

> > Stef

best, Eliot