[squeak-dev] Balance of metrics

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Sun Mar 11 11:10:41 UTC 2018

> I would like to express the idea from the code review thread here from
> a positive perspective.

Nice move :)

> I believe a tangible, well-crafted top-layer could be like a layer of
> gold for Squeak-appeal, if we wanted it to be.  All we need are a
> little beautification of select methods, some deliberate commenting,
> possibly some method attribute structure and...  widget think.
>
> What do you think?  Is there a potential treasure of appeal, within
> fairly easy grasp, hidden in plain sight for Squeak?  I'm interested
> in your thoughts.

I mostly agree with you, but this is actually a very ambitious project.
It is difficult to get people (me included) motivated to do such small
changes all over the place...

And any design issue is thorny for a communauty, as we do not all have
the same aesthetic.

> [1] -- Did the Etoys integration get done for this release?  If so,
> are there are any easy and appropriate ways to leverage this in a
> "wow" way for the release?
+1

My own suggestion for the next release would be for it to look a bit
more lively, colorful and inhabited than the empty grey box we got lately.

Stef