[squeak-dev] Proof-of-concept: moving Smalltalk code editing support into SmalltalkEditor

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Mar 26 18:22:26 UTC 2018

> On 25-03-2018, at 8:52 PM, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Maybe even per-editor instance preferences. Inherit the global as a default but allow changing at need. Need a UI to make it useful. Actually we really need some big improvements to the prefs/settings/style/font/colour stuff for editors anyway.
>
> UserInterfaceTheme in the image does that.  We did it in summer of
> 2016, the color themes work pretty well ever since.

I was thinking more of the UI for changing text styles/font/colours within editors etc. Marcel's answer about having properties within the themes that could cover these sounds interesting.

I've just noticed an extra bit of complication when thinking about this wrt Shout colouring - just try cmd-7 with some selected text in a code view! Even in a comment...

tim
Diagnostics are the programs that run when nothing else will.