[squeak-dev] The Trunk: ToolBuilder-Morphic-cmm.209.mcz

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Fri Mar 30 23:48:50 UTC 2018

> On 30-03-2018, at 4:02 PM, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:
>

>  Restores the convenience of simply typing a name and pressing [Return], by opening with the filename field directly under the mouse, ready to type.

That sounds like a nice idea. It has the virtue of keeping the users visual focus rather than jumping across the display - I hate how some dialogues appear mid-screen with no reference to the originating tool.

>  It is also once again not required to type the filename extension, the system will add it or prompt the user for it if there are multiple possibilities.  If an invalid filename is specified, the user is alerted appropriately, instead of silently not saving their file.

About the only 'improvement' I could add to that would be for the exception to have a default acion of doing the warning but provide the option for the originating tool to do something potentially more suited.

tim
Strange OpCodes: SHP: Solve Halting Problem