[squeak-dev] Please transfer ownership or make me a co-maintainer of the orphaned SM "XPath" project

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Fri May 4 08:47:07 UTC 2018

> On 04.05.2018, at 06:00, monty <monty2 at programmer.net> wrote:
>
> For Squeak (and Pharo and GemStone), the only actively-maintained, standards-compliant library I know of is the SmalltalkHub PharoExtras/XPath lib that I maintain, installable from the SM as "XMLParser-XPath".

I want to stress that monty's implementation (xml and xpath) is very good, feature-, test-, and code-wise.

Note that the xml lib is not a drop-in replacement for the XML stuff in Trunk, as some API got straightened out.

Maybe we should adopt the XML/XPath lib for trunk also. It makes talking to web resources that speak XML soooo much easier.

-t