[squeak-dev] Bootstrapped Squeak ( was Survey: what do you do with Squeak, what do you *want* to do?)

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2005 at gmail.com
Fri May 4 13:31:47 UTC 2018

You are inspiration for many things.
If you could giving us some help, this steps could be made.

Compiling yours to C and from this to wasm using Emscripten chain
Try to figure out how directly "map" Squeak to wasm (I reach Milestone 2 a
bugged "compiler" which could output .wasm same as wabt tool from Squeak ).

In particular I wish to know

2. The MicroSqueak reads compiler.sto and save itself.  Now, this
     image can further read more code and compile them.

So the attached should be able to read some...

How ?

Yours.
Edgar

On 04/05/2018, 10:12, "Yoshiki Ohshima" <Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org> wrote:

> Ah ha. Thanks for mentioning it. Having a 60k (or such) byte array in
C counts
> as source, but one could imagine that writing that structure
in some kind of
> readable format.

It was a big deal for some open source community people that
> their
packages needs to be readable to qualify as their definition of
> open.
But nowadays there are other kinds of VM technology getting
> accepted,
and it feels like it is slightly less of a problem...