[squeak-dev] Bootstrapped Squeak ( was Survey: what do you do with Squeak, what do you *want* to do?)

Yoshiki Ohshima Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Fri May 4 19:55:17 UTC 2018

On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 1:31 PM, Edgar J. De Cleene
<edgardec2005 at gmail.com> wrote:
> You are inspiration for many things.
> If you could giving us some help, this steps could be made.
>

> Compiling yours to C and from this to wasm using Emscripten chain
> Try to figure out how directly "map" Squeak to wasm (I reach Milestone 2 a
> bugged "compiler" which could output .wasm same as wabt tool from Squeak ).
>
> In particular I wish to know
>
> 2. The MicroSqueak reads compiler.sto and save itself.  Now, this
>      image can further read more code and compile them.

This is a question, right?  The answer is, "in theory, yes".

> So the attached should be able to read some...

Regrettably, I cannot remember much, and it seems that the uploaded
file There is a class called MSystem in there, and the #start method
is called there.  So if that method is modified to load more files
from command line,  it can open more files and process them as file
chunks (the processChunk: method may or may not be there).  Then yet
another MSystem class>start would open a terminal or window and start
an interactive session.

Once we did something along the line to load Gezira and render
graphics on top of this MicroSqueak... But I cannot remember the
details of it.

--
-- Yoshiki