[squeak-dev] A suggestion: allowing ctrl+drag in morphs

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Fri May 11 09:28:57 UTC 2018

The actual issue is still RED -> YELLOW. That's why the meta menu is invoked in the first place. Your suggestion/fix is a rather unstable workaround. :-/ Sure, you can make it work for a single application. Yet, it breaks in the general sense.

Best,
Marcel
Am 11.05.2018 10:44:42 schrieb Stéphane Rollandin <lecteur at zogotounga.net>:
> So, I do not see this as a side-effect to tryInvokeMetaMenu, but simply
> as a hook allowing me to bypass the meta menu mechanism. I really don't
> mind if you put that hook anywhere else, but it is useful, because it
> allows a drag gesture to happen while CTRL is down. That's enough for
> me, and that's enough to have CTRL+DRAG gestures by testing for
> controlKeyPressed in mouseDown events.

The last part should read:

by testing for controlKeyPressed in mouseMove: events.

Stef