[squeak-dev] Squeak 4.6 on 32-Bits FreeBSD 11.1

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu May 17 00:46:22 UTC 2018

Hi Edwin,

I don't know the cause of the problem with UUID plugin, but that happens
to be a plugin that is not terribly important, so an easy workaround is to
exclude it from your VM build.

If you look in your ./src directory, you will find the files plugins.ext
and plugins.int. These files specify the plugins that should be built as
external plugins and internal plugins respectively. If you look at the
plugins.int file, you will find UUIDPlugin listed there. Edit it out of
the file, then do a "make clean; make" to recompile. This will exclude
the UUID plugin from the configuration, and get you past the UUID issue.

Background: The plugins.ext and plugins.int files are generated while generating
sources from VMMaker. They are meant to be edited as needed, and the build
system looks first for copies of those files in your build directory before
falling back on the ones in ./src. For your purposes, the easy thing to do
is edit the default files in ./src.

Dave