[squeak-dev] a new Squeak-inspired live web environment

Davide Della Casa davidedc at gmail.com
Thu May 17 15:10:12 UTC 2018

It’d be reasonably quick to have either Amber/LittleSmallscript/Clamato/st2js working in Fizzygum, however…

it would still be something very different from the "normal" ST experience… 1) it would be a dialect 2) there would be no traditional ST data structures such as Collections, etc. 3) there would be no runtime magic e.g. pause/resume on error…

so... it would be almost “just” a syntax translation really. And although I think that the ST syntax is great, I couldn't quite convince myself that it’d be “enough”.

But I’m interested in different views, maybe I’m missing something? Maybe even just a syntax translation would be a great idea for some tangible reason?

Cheers,
Davide