[squeak-dev] Squeak 4.6 on 32-Bits FreeBSD 11.1

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sat May 19 16:12:43 UTC 2018

> On 19-05-2018, at 8:25 AM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Edwin,
>
> Let's try one more thing before we give up.
>
> Looking at that error message, I think you must be encountering this issue
> on FreeBSD:
>
> https://github.com/FluidSynth/fluidsynth/issues/133
>
> That explains the "duplicate case value" error you are seeing. It will
> affect only the ALSA vm plugin, so if ALSA sound is excluded from the build

Note that the file is not in the plugins part of the tree, and that ALSA has a long history of problems in vm-land. Some of that was fixed in the cog vm tree, or at least enough that building fora Pi (admittedly a linux machine) worked and produced sounds adequately.

tim
Useful random insult:- Sailboat fuel for brains.