[squeak-dev] VM sending keystrokes on mouse-wheel?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun Nov 4 00:27:43 UTC 2018

> On 2018-11-03, at 4:24 PM, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The bug doesn't exist in the 5.0-201807260206 VM.  This affects the
> input events coming in, which manifests in ways no one can predict.

I do't seem to be able to replicate this on a 5.2 image running on a 5.2 Pi vm.

Specifically
Squeak5.2beta
latest update: #18199
Current Change Set: Unnamed1
Image format 6521 (32 bit)
&
/home/pi/Squeak/sqcogspurlinuxhtRPi/lib/squeak/5.2-201810190412/squeak

I opened a debugger (with cmd-. just in case that might matter) and EventSensor>processEvent: selected some code near the top (event at: 8 put: window) and then scrolled down using the mouse wheel (Apple Mighty mouse). The selection was retained as I'd expect.

Do you have a good example I can try out?

tim
Don't compare floating point numbers solely for equality.