[squeak-dev] VM sending keystrokes on mouse-wheel?

Beckmann, Tom Tom.Beckmann at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Nov 7 03:15:53 UTC 2018

Hi,

I'm also on Linux-x64, experiencing the same issue. If I'm not missing something, it should boil down to this PR https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/pull/155/files? and the fact that HandMorph>>filterEvent:for: only translate Ctrl+up/down, while passing on Ctrl+left/right as normal key events.

So the VM now generates Ctrl+left/right whenever you (accidentally) scroll horizontally, this moves the cursor by a word, which in turn instructs the text view to scroll back to the area where the cursor currently is.

Best,
Tom