[squeak-dev] inescapable modal dialog in trunk

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Nov 7 18:21:55 UTC 2018

> On 2018-11-07, at 1:45 AM, K K Subbu <kksubbu.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 07/11/18 9:38 AM, Chris Muller wrote:
>> 1.  Make a method in a browser dirty.
>> 2.  Click on another method.  Squeak displays, "Changes have not been
>> saved, is it okay to cancel those changes?"
>> 3.  Click "No".
>> 4.  Now try click anywhere else or do anything else in other windows
>> or the desktop.  Every click anywhere causes the dialog to reappear
>> until you say "Yes" or cancel the method changes.
> Chris,
>
> I am unable to reproduce this problem. In Step 4, I am able to open the global menu or a workspace and continue working on other tasks without having the modal dialog pop up.

Same thing on 5.2 32bit Pi - no problem with the dialogue at all.

Now an obvious thing is that my set of preferences is almost certainly very different to Chris' and some of those settings may have a relevant effect. I don't use smart splitters for example and maybe something related to that is interacting with the mouse presses; no idea.

tim
Useful random insult:- If she was any dumber, she'd be a green plant.