[squeak-dev] Personal SqueakSource for 5.2 on SqueakMap

Chris Muller ma.chris.m at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 23:52:06 UTC 2018

I've completed my first round of updates the "Personal SqueakSource"
package for 5.2 running on 64-bit.  By running it out of a work
directory on your hard drive, it provides mc revision history for all
of your own personal code in the same way we access to that for
Squeak's base code.  **No client code is required** in your images to
do this!

The installation has been simplified (no more special "squeaksource"
user).  I did all of the tedious setup work so you don't have to.
Complete documentation is here.

    http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6365

I verified in a clean Ubuntu 16.04 Virtual Host with stock 5.2 images
that the above Setup instructions "just works" and only takes a few minutes.

I hope you'll give it a try and give me your feedback.  I'd like to
not be the only one who ever touches this code.  In the meantime, I
will reach out to Dave to see if we can get it running with
UTCDateaAndTime installed.

After that, I will update the source.squeak.org server with this new
version, and the timeouts we've
been suffering with will vanish!

 - Chris

PS -- BTW, this is a fantastic "example" server application from the
sense of implementing production server best-practices and also the
sheer breadth of different technologies it demonstrates (web, raw HTTP
requests, emailing, server deployment, availability, RFB, etc.).