[squeak-dev] Swikion Raspi

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun Nov 11 19:09:31 UTC 2018

Actually it's even simpler than that; Raspbian still has an interpreter image installed as a backup in case users had problems with the latest NuScratch system.

I've just tested it on my main Pi 3b+ with an image I created in '05 (can't share it, it was DoD work) and it seems perfectly happy. I think that must have been about 3.2? So a 3.7 image should be just fine.

Just run squeak.old {insert-myImage-name-here.im}

> On 2018-11-11, at 10:23 AM, David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
>

> You will need to use apt-get to install a few development packages
> first (C development tools, CMake, and Subversion). I'm sorry I don't
> have any notes on this but if I can find a keyboard and display for
> my old Raspberry Pi, I'll see if I can find the specific packages
> needed.

According to my old notes, cmake, subversion, libasound2-dev, libssl-dev, maybe uuid-dev, libcairo2-dev.

It's a long time ago now but I'm reasonably sure the ARM fastbitblt stuff is properly incorporated as well; it makes a big difference to Morphic performance etc.

tim
Trancelators interpret messages from the dead