[squeak-dev] Squeak and Tesseract

Edwin Ancaer eancaer at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 13:59:59 UTC 2018

Hello all,

FFI was *a little *complexer than I had thought. And the Tesseract api was
not helping either. But now I think I'm getting closer to make the example
Ben proposed (https://github.com/tesseract-ocr/tesseract/wiki/APIExample,
the C-program using the C-API) work in Squeak.

Just one thing I cannot find an example for. I have to create the
ExternalStructure classes for the structures PIXMAP and RGBA_QUAD.
RGBA_QUAD is easy, but the PIXMAP-structure starts with an array of
RGBA_QUADs.  RGBA_QUAD[] does not seem to be working as a type
specification, and RGBA_SQUAD* will reserve place for the first element,
but not the whole array. Is there an example for such structures?

>From the Header file:

00101 <https://tpgit.github.io/Leptonica/struct_pix_colormap.html>
struct PixColormap
<https://tpgit.github.io/Leptonica/struct_pix_colormap.html>00102
{00103 <https://tpgit.github.io/Leptonica/struct_pix_colormap.html#a2a14164dbec38ebab11eee1bea569cbc>
    void            *array
<https://tpgit.github.io/Leptonica/struct_pix_colormap.html#a2a14164dbec38ebab11eee1bea569cbc>;
    /* colormap table (array of RGBA_QUAD)     */00104
<https://tpgit.github.io/Leptonica/struct_pix_colormap.html#ac40f93eac5fc385f43e17d0b537e40e2>
    l_int32 <https://tpgit.github.io/Leptonica/environ_8h.html#a9085c7874153c280a4171244aa052e4e>
         depth <https://tpgit.github.io/Leptonica/struct_pix_colormap.html#ac40f93eac5fc385f43e17d0b537e40e2>;
    /* of pix (1, 2, 4 or 8 bpp)               */00105
<https://tpgit.github.io/Leptonica/struct_pix_colormap.html#ad4398c00071558f7821c82c897548fa8>
    l_int32 <https://tpgit.github.io/Leptonica/environ_8h.html#a9085c7874153c280a4171244aa052e4e>
         nalloc
<https://tpgit.github.io/Leptonica/struct_pix_colormap.html#ad4398c00071558f7821c82c897548fa8>;
   /* number of color entries allocated       */00106
<https://tpgit.github.io/Leptonica/struct_pix_colormap.html#a99005f6c729d84e55143a208b61f99bf>
    l_int32 <https://tpgit.github.io/Leptonica/environ_8h.html#a9085c7874153c280a4171244aa052e4e>
         n <https://tpgit.github.io/Leptonica/struct_pix_colormap.html#a99005f6c729d84e55143a208b61f99bf>;
        /* number of color entries used            */00107 };00108
<https://tpgit.github.io/Leptonica/pix_8h.html#ab2fccb09f9188d3e2cc90f8df11b7de7>
typedef struct PixColormap
<https://tpgit.github.io/Leptonica/struct_pix_colormap.html>  PIXCMAP
<https://tpgit.github.io/Leptonica/struct_pix_colormap.html>;00109
00110 00111     /* Colormap table entry (after the BMP version).00112
    * Note that the BMP format stores the colormap table exactly00113
    * as it appears here, with color samples being stored
sequentially,00114      * in the order (b,g,r,a). */00115
<https://tpgit.github.io/Leptonica/struct_r_g_b_a___quad.html> struct
RGBA_Quad <https://tpgit.github.io/Leptonica/struct_r_g_b_a___quad.html>00116
{00117 <https://tpgit.github.io/Leptonica/struct_r_g_b_a___quad.html#a57ceb621e5e83bc2d8b9d78cc426cefd>
    l_uint8 <https://tpgit.github.io/Leptonica/environ_8h.html#a7ed60554e7d6dd89aca643189b1e70ad>