[squeak-dev] [Squeak5.2rc1][ReleaseActivity] SqueakMap entries: Please make sure you have checked the 'published' flag!

Chris Cunningham cunningham.cb at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 21:40:19 UTC 2018

Hi Hannes,

On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 1:46 PM H. Hirzel <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/8/18, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> >   - It only affects when installing at the package level, not the
> > release level which is the normal use case.
>
>       This is a finer point I do not understand. My tests in the
> recent days did not give a good experience.

<snip>

I think what is being discuss is the package level (in this case, FFI)
versus a release level 3.9, 3.10, (head).
[image: image.png]
 If you open up the package level with the triangle, you can see all of the
releases.   If you pick one of those, then that specific one will load -
there is no ambiguity.

However, if you just pick 'FFI' and tell it to install, you'll get the last
release that had the 'release' flag checked, which as you can see of the
right, would be 3.10 (which is not the latest).

It would certainly be nice to just install the main package and let
squeakMap deal with which particular release you needed.

-cbc