[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Kernel-eem.1191.mcz

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Oct 12 12:08:51 UTC 2018

Hi Eliot,

On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 05:52:51AM +0000, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:
> Eliot Miranda uploaded a new version of Kernel to project The Inbox:
> http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Kernel-eem.1191.mcz

> Name: Kernel-eem.1191
> Author: eem
> Time: 11 October 2018, 10:52:37.059231 pm
> UUID: 465e029d-66ff-492d-a465-79f2867d2d8b
> Ancestors: Kernel-cmm.1190
>
> Remove adoptInstance:'s fallback on primitiveChangeClassTo:, which obscures potential failures on Spur.  Committing to Inbox; this isn't urgent but I want it in soon enough.

By any chance do you have a reproducible code snippet that shows the
original problem? I realize this may not be easy if it involves Form
and endianness and so forth.

If so I will volunteer to turn it into a unit test. That is a good
way to guard against regression, and also easily identify the problem
when a user is running an older VM that may not have the fix.

Dave