[squeak-dev] The Trunk: Kernel-eem.1191.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Sun Oct 14 19:52:53 UTC 2018

Eliot Miranda uploaded a new version of Kernel to project The Trunk:
http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Kernel-eem.1191.mcz

Name: Kernel-eem.1191
Author: eem
Time: 11 October 2018, 10:52:37.059231 pm
UUID: 465e029d-66ff-492d-a465-79f2867d2d8b
Ancestors: Kernel-cmm.1190

Remove adoptInstance:'s fallback on primitiveChangeClassTo:, which obscures potential failures on Spur.  Committing to Inbox; this isn't urgent but I want it in soon enough.

=============== Diff against Kernel-cmm.1190 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: Behavior>>adoptInstance: (in category 'instance creation') -----
  adoptInstance: anInstance
+ 	"Change the class of anInstance to the receiver.
+ 	 Primitive. Change the class of the argument anInstance into the receiver, provided
+ 	 that the format of the receiver matches the format of the argument's class.
+ 	 Fail if the argument is an immediate, or when the pointerness of the receiver is different
+ 	 from the pointerness of the argument, or when the receiver is a fixed pointer class and
+ 	 anInstance's size differs from the size that an instance of the receiver should have,
+ 	 or when anInstance's size is not an integer multiple of the receiver's unit size."
- 	"Change the class of anInstance to me.
- 	Primitive (found in Cog and new VMs)  follows the same rules as primitiveChangeClassTo:, but returns the class rather than the modified instance"

  	<primitive: 160 error: ec>
+ 	^self primitiveFailed!
- 	anInstance primitiveChangeClassTo: self basicNew.
- 	^self!