[squeak-dev] Where is ExternalForm?

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 16:52:34 UTC 2018

Hi All,
On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 9:45 AM Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 9:34 AM Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi All, clueless here...
>>
>>     the Squeak 5.2 release notes state:
>> "Balloon
>> - Balloon primitive methods now return default values instead of failing
>> if there is no plugin available
>> - ExternalForm from the EToys package has been added"
>> but there is no such class as ExternalForm n the image.  And I can't find
>> the package.  Was it Graphics-External or FFI-External?  And where is it?
>>

> Found it:
>
> MCHttpRepository location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/Balloon3D'

OK, now I'm really confused.  In http://www.squeaksource.com/Balloon3D
there are three packages, Balloon3D-External from January
2009, Graphics-External from January 2009, and GraphicsExternal from April
2017.  All have null implementations of the surface functions, e.g.

ExternalScreen methods for primitives-forms
primAllocateForm: d width: w height: h
"Primitive. Allocate a form with the given parameters"
^nil
primDestroyForm: aHandle
"Primitive. Destroy the form associated with the given handle."
^nil

Where are the actual primitives for the SurfacePlugin (package &
repository)?

--
best, Eliot