[squeak-dev] Code repositories

Benoit St-Jean bstjean at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 19 03:44:12 UTC 2018

Since Squeak 5.2 is out, I thought it might be a good excuse to revisit some database stuff...
But...
What is the "official"/preferred Squeak code repository ?
There is code on SqueakSource, GitHub, http://source.squeak.org, SmalltalkHub, SqueakSource3, etc.
Do I have to visit each of those places to find the latest package XYZ I want to test/port ?
And when I do migrate some code to Squeak 5.2, what is the "official" code repository where I should publish it?
P.S. If there is no centralized code repository for Squeak, it might be a good idea to create one.  How many times was I frustrated to find code that was pharo-centric and that wouldn't load in Squeak because it was *explicitly* written for Pharo without any regard for dialect-compatibility ?
P.P.S.  I couldn't find any tool for GitHub publishing in the out-of-the-box Squeak 5.2 image.  Is GitHub a long-term goal for publishing code & code management ?  In other words, where should we ALL publish our code for Squeak apps/frameworks ?