[squeak-dev] Smalltalk Software House

Keith keithy at consultant.com
Fri Oct 19 23:13:07 UTC 2018

Dear All,

I am trying to deliver myself from the fate of having to seek gainful
employment working with PHP/Javascript. I am wondering if anyone would
be interested in joining forces to create a virtual Smalltalk software
house.

I am somewhat surprised to find that React/Javascript appears to be
occupying the very same cross platform non-native UI space that Squeak
has had for so many years without making a significant impression.
I do wonder whether the fact that Oracle are charging for Java 11, and
the potential of web assembly might give smalltalk a new lease of life.

ideas thoughts?

Keith