[squeak-dev] The Trunk: WebClient-Core-pre.117.mcz

patrick.rein at hpi.uni-potsdam.de patrick.rein at hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Sep 18 07:15:10 UTC 2018

>> + 		self streamDirectlyFrom: content readStream to: dstStream size: size progress: aBlock
>> - 		self streamFrom: content readStream to: dstStream size: size progress: aBlock
>
>It seems to me that this is the only real change. And if I'm not
>mistaken, that could simply be written as
>
> 	dstStream nextPutAll: content
>
>Which would be simpler and way more efficient.

Yes, absolutely. My rational for that solution was to change as little as possible of the current control flow. After digging through various parts of the streamFrom:to: protocol (together with Tobias) we figured out that there are various inconsistent uses of the methods, in particular as WebChunkedStream exists but is not used. Thus, in order to not violate any assumptions of potential clients, I tried to preserve the control flow and added the flag for a potential refactoring after the 5.2 release.

That being said and after looking at the streamDirectlyFrom:to:size:progress: message again carefully: I will change it to your proposed version :) It might take till the European afternoon though for me to upload it.

Bests
Patrick