[squeak-dev] SqueakMap problems trying to add new release of MQTT

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Sep 19 18:25:29 UTC 2018

> On 2018-09-19, at 10:50 AM, Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> That's the bit that puzzles me today - the save completes with no errors, which seems to mean that the server image sent back a happy-happy response. Which surely ought to mean that it is indeed happy....
>
> From what I see, the list of releases between website and in-image
> browser are consistent.   7-version23 is the latest.  If you have 8-24
> it's only in your image and you should re-do Create New Release after
> selecting 7-version23.

That's what I did - several times so far - and indeed I've just stepped through it to see if anything appeared to be failing but got covered up by a mis-done error handler.

For every place where something is uploaded as part of the SMReleaseBrowser>>save I got back a response '200' saying all ok. So it seems logical to expect the uploaded install file to be on the map.squeak server, surely? It *should* be at 	http://map.squeak.org/accountbyid/4340a66e-2296-48b7-9aa8-5305d303752f/files/install-MQTT4Squeak-Version24.st and there *should* be a 8-version24 entry in the list of selectable releases.

Except.... somewhere I ended up using the wrong password. With the right password, it works, which is of course good news, etc etc. BUT to get what seems a successful transaction with the wrong password, with no user level error raised... that's not good.

tim
Strange OpCodes: POI: Power Off Intermittently