[squeak-dev] The Inbox: System-cmm.1059.mcz

Tim Johnson digit at sonic.net
Thu Apr 4 14:51:00 UTC 2019

On Apr 2, 2019, at 3:00 PM, Jakob Reschke wrote:

> On the other hand, installing Metacello is nearly every time the
> first thing I have to do in a fresh Trunk image to load any
> projects from GitHub with their dependencies. The shorter the way
> to install Metacello, the better. I was delighted to have it in the
> menu. Not that I particularly like Metacello, but I *need* it.

+1

I'll note that one of the intended use cases of Metacello is to
automate image-building for test environments.  Think zero-click
install rather than one-click install.  I imagine Installer is good
for that too, in Squeak.

I still see these as complementary rather than competing tools.

> Installing the current incarnation of the refactoring tools might
> be another good candidate for an image initialization shortlist. I
> mostly live without them just because the buttons to install them
> are too many clicks away...

Where are they?

Thanks,
Tim J