[squeak-dev] The Inbox: System-cmm.1059.mcz

Tim Johnson digit at sonic.net
Thu Apr 4 20:21:48 UTC 2019

On 2019-04-04 12:54, Jakob Reschke wrote:

> By the way, why are the refactoring tools not in Trunk? Other IDEs that call themselves like that come with their refactoring tools preinstalled.

As a goal of Squeak is to be accessible to newcomers, I'm fine with the
refactoring tools not being the default, even if they are present.  I
like the default Browsers and Package Pane Browser but would also like
to occasionally switch to RB to learn it and experiment.  This is what
makes that blue drop-down menu button in the upper-right of a browser
window useful to me:  "Choose new default browser" and "register this
browser as default."  I like that!

Thanks,
Tim J