[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Collections-cmm.826.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Tue Apr 16 01:08:30 UTC 2019

Chris Muller uploaded a new version of Collections to project The Inbox:
http://source.squeak.org/inbox/Collections-cmm.826.mcz

Name: Collections-cmm.826
Author: cmm
Time: 15 April 2019, 8:08:23.890925 pm
UUID: ad291896-9fa1-4fa1-b587-658cd87d888a
Ancestors: Collections-fn.825

Restrict automatic type coercions in numerical operations to the domain of numbers only; Float, Integer, Fraction and ScaledDecimal.  For objects outside the numerical domain such as Strings, Characters, Points, and other objects, it's desirable to require explicit coercion.

=============== Diff against Collections-fn.825 ===============

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: Character>>adaptToNumber:andSend: (in category 'converting') -----
- adaptToNumber: rcvr andSend: selector
- 	"If I am involved in arithmetic with a number, convert me to an integer."
-
- 	^ rcvr perform: selector with: self asInteger!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: String>>adaptToNumber:andSend: (in category 'converting') -----
- adaptToNumber: rcvr andSend: selector
- 	"If I am involved in arithmetic with a number, convert me to a number."
-
- 	^ rcvr perform: selector with: self asNumber!

Item was removed:
- ----- Method: String>>adaptToPoint:andSend: (in category 'converting') -----
- adaptToPoint: rcvr andSend: selector
- 	"If I am involved in arithmetic with a point, convert me to a number."
-
- 	^ rcvr perform: selector with: self asNumber!