[squeak-dev] swiki source suited to recent Squeaks

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Aug 6 01:52:15 UTC 2019

Well after trying to look into the sources delivered from the code.google page with no luck I found the SqueakSource repository version. That seems to have loaded ok but references a class XMLString that I have had no success in finding and is of course Undeclared. Anyone know where it can be found?

> On 2019-08-04, at 7:48 PM, Levente Uzonyi <leves at caesar.elte.hu> wrote:
>
> Actually, the SmaCC runtime (SmaCC package) still loads. It's just that the dev tools package (SmaCCDev) needs some changes to be up-to-date.
> So, if you have an existing SmaCC-based parser, it probably still works.
>
> The Xtreams-Parsing package has PEGWikiGenerator, which converts some wiki syntax to xhtml. It uses monty's XML parser, which is a highly extended version of XML-Parser, but it's not backwards compatible with Squeak's version. It loads cleanly into the image, and its 5000+ tests all pass.
> If you don't use the XML-Parser package, loading Xtreams with Metacello will cause no problems for you.
>
> Another option, as you wrote, is to create a Squeak-compatible PEGActor to generate the html. It should be fairly easy using the PEGWikiGenerator class.
>
> Levente
>
> On Sun, 4 Aug 2019, Chris Cunnington wrote:
>
>> SmaCC doesn’t load into Squeak anymore. As Levente’s post a few back said, the parser to have is in Xtreams. It has a PEG parser with a wiki grammar. You need to  write an Actor subclass for it. [1] The VW package comes with Actor subclass examples (i.e. PEG.WikiGenerator).
>> Chris
>> [1] https://code.google.com/archive/p/xtreams/wikis/Parsing.wiki
>>
>>      On Aug 4, 2019, at 8:33 PM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
>>
>>      On 2019-08-04, at 5:30 PM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
>>
>>      So far I've found a lot of big projects that need huge looking piles of infrastructure and mostly Pharo. I'd like something a bit lighter.
>> [snip]
>> Oh, foo; forgot to mention having found an old pointer in ss3 (from 5 years ago!)-
>> (Installer ss3)
>> project: 'SqueakServices';
>> install: 'Swiki'.
>> ... but it isn't there any more and I couldn't find anything that looked like it.
>> tim
>> --
>> tim Rowledge; tim at rowledge.org; http://www.rowledge.org/tim
>> Useful random insult:- If he were any more stupid, he'd have to be watered twice a week.

tim
Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?