[squeak-dev] Possible bug in PluggableTextMorph: Selection is reversed when rehovering text

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 04:40:48 UTC 2019

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019 at 8:21 AM Christoph Thiede <
christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> currently, the editor is not replaced after #setText:, is it? Couldn't it
> be
> troublesome to reset the editor in #setText: if styling is executed
> deferred
> and the user made a new RTL selection?
>
> @Chris: I have nearly the same preferences, but also activated the third
> option (where I couldn't find any difference when toggling it).

It affects whether clicking on one of the window buttons (close, menu,
minimize, maximize) of a background window will activate the button, or
simply bring the window to the front first, at which point the button will
respond -- like an exception to the "Contents always active".  Marcel did a
brilliant job on it.

> But I don't
> see how this solves the problem?

You're right, it doesn't solve it, I simply tried to reproduce your issue
in trunk image with my settings, but couldn't.  In a stock image (default
settings), I could.  I didn't research why.

Best,
  Chris