[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Kernel-cmfcmf.1251.mcz

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 04:59:32 UTC 2019

Hi there, as we go to fix comments, may we take the opportunity to see if
we'd like to change the nature of the comment in general?

Here's where I'm going:  "built-in documentation".  For all #firstComments
anyway, in methods throughout the system, if we would direct those
particular comments toward the *Dynabook user*, something like:

   "Answer whether the receiver can be sent a message named aSymbol."

then relatively simple systems can easily extract it to help connect users
to a Dynabook experience.  Separate comments can be used to describe the
'dictionarys' or whatever implementation if desired, but since they
wouldn't be the #firstComment, they wouldn't be presented in the user layer.

It's a simple but powerful leverage, what do you think?

Best,
  Chris