[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Kernel-cmfcmf.1251.mcz

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Tue Aug 6 08:18:12 UTC 2019

One can always send any message to any receiver. :-)

The question is whether the answer can be meaningful or not. Can a client expect a meaningful answer from such a message send? Neither mentioning method dictionary nor superclasses help figure out when and why to send #respondsTo: to an object. Only Behavior is the domain and place to talk about method dictionary and superclasses. The comment in #canUnderstand: does already mention method dictionary and superclasses.

Just my two cents. :-)

Best,
Marcel