[squeak-dev] swiki source suited to recent Squeaks

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Aug 6 17:06:38 UTC 2019

> On 2019-08-05, at 10:50 PM, Chris Cunnington <brasspen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Copy this code into a Workspace and DoIt.
>
> Installer ss
>       project: 'MetacelloRepository';
>       install: 'ConfigurationOfXMLParser'.
> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfXMLParser) project bleedingEdge load

OK, so yet another "I couldn't spot this with google" moment. What fun.

It does at least load. And then of course I had to load the XTreams stuff because I foolishly thought trying a cleaner image might be smart after all the 'fun' of previous attempts.

> 	wikiGrammar := PEGParser grammarWiki reading.
> 	wikiParser := PEGParser parserPEG parse: 'Grammar' stream: wikiGrammar actor: PEGParserParser new.
> 	 input := 'Single paragraph with *bold* and _italic_ text and a [link]' reading.
> 	wikiParser parse: 'Page' stream: input actor: PEGWikiGenerator new
>
> And  you’ll get this.

Just for fun I did try that in the earlier-dirty image and it failed because somewher it decided that 'link' was an orderedcollection of symbols instead of a string. Made for an amusing crash within XMLWriter>>#write:escapedWith:

In a start-from-clean image it did actually do what your show. Thank you for that. I really think a simpler solution would be nice here. Adding 4Mb to an image for a simple swiki markup parser seems a bit much.

tim
Strange OpCodes: RDL: Rotate Disk Left