[squeak-dev] The Trunk: ToolBuilder-Morphic-mt.235.mcz

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Aug 7 23:24:19 UTC 2019

> On 2019-08-07, at 9:45 AM, Thiede, Christoph <Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Tim,
>
> do you really mean a TextStyle from Graphics, or rather a TextAttribute from Collections-Text, such as TextEmphasis?

Probably TextAttribute since they can be added to partial texts whereas styles pretty much have to be applied to an entire view's text ( at least, in the current rather tacky implementation). Or maybe a new thing that does a similar job but can also process the selected text.

We have attributes for 'this is a doit', 'this is a link to a browsable item' and so on, so perhaps another one for 'this should be run through a processor' could work. There is of course a potential issue with clashing attributes; imagine some text that has been partly underlined and then some of it is selected for Shout-styling. We do already have some handling for this with the TextAttribute>>#dominates: methods, perhaps it sufficient as-is?

tim
Never trust a computer you can't lift.