[squeak-dev] The Inbox: Tools-mt.856.mcz

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Tue Aug 13 07:10:14 UTC 2019

Hi Christoph.

> Just to be sure: You would like to decorate each single method of a class such as HtmlFileStream with the deprecated attribute?

That's not what I meant. Just those selected deprecations in non-deprecated classes. You are referring to deprecated classes as such? That's right. We should change CodeHolder >> #formattedLabel:forSelector:inClass: to always treat methods in deprecated classes as deprecated. Not just if the selector is #Definition. :-)

Best,
Marcel

Am 12.08.2019 19:35:35 schrieb Thiede, Christoph <christoph.thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de>:
Hi Marcel,

> > 1. It's not really nice that CompiledMethod>>#isDeprecated is styled or even
> > detected as deprecated :)
>
> Well, for a single case, I did not want to add an extra check that is usually false anyway. Want it to be as fast as possible.

Good point :)

> Well, no. If those methods are missing their #deprcated explanation, take it as a chance to really deprecate those methods:
>
> (1) double-check that there are no senders
> (2) add "self deprecated:"
> (3) maybe rewrite them to use the new interface
>
> There is so much clean-up to do. ;-)

Just to be sure: You would like to decorate each single method of a class such as HtmlFileStream with the deprecated attribute?

Best,
Christoph