[squeak-dev] The Inbox: System-jr.1083.mcz

Jakob Reschke forums.jakob at resfarm.de
Tue Aug 13 09:25:46 UTC 2019

Am Di., 13. Aug. 2019 um 03:41 Uhr schrieb Chris Muller <asqueaker at gmail.com
>:

> On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 5:41 AM Thiede, Christoph <
> Christoph.Thiede at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:
>
>> > In such cases, the emergency evaluator is not shown
>>

>> By the way, it is possible to invoke the emergency evaluator manually.
>> You can invoke it with [Project tryEmergencyEvaluatorForRecovery: 'foo'].
>>

> It would be an extra gesture for the revert case, but that might make for
> a more-powerful Do menu entry than revertMostRecent.

I am unsure which variant would be better. If someone stumbles into the
same situation I did, but never saw the emergency evaluator before (lucky
them), they might not know that it can solve their problem. On the other
hand they also might not know what RecentMessages is about... I would have
liked to give this line a label, such as "Revert latest method change".
That would be the directest way to communicate its use. The Utilities
method would have been that revealing, but it is deprecated.

Alternatively, one could put an item with a proper label under Extras or
even Help. I know, this does not provide help literature, but it helps the
panicking tool tinkerer. ;-)