[squeak-dev] [Discussion] Tools > "Metacello" and "Git Browser"

Jakob Reschke forums.jakob at resfarm.de
Wed Aug 14 13:35:47 UTC 2019

Am Mi., 14. Aug. 2019 um 08:54 Uhr schrieb Marcel Taeumel <
marcel.taeumel at hpi.de>:

> - Removing "Metacello" entry from the Tools menu
> - Making the "Git Browser" install state more clear (via inbox
> *Morphic-jr.1485*)
> - On opening "Git Browser", avoid updating Metacello and Git Browser if
> they are already installed

+1

> - Maybe, for manual (or administrative) updates, add "Installer
> ensureRecentMetacello" and "Installer installGitInfrastructure" back to the
> Do menu

+1 for Metacello, -1 for Git stuff there because the Git browser has its
own button to make it update itself:

[image: image.png]

Also there is currently no difference between installing the Git browser
and installing the rest of the infrastructure. As I understand it the only
difference between the Do menu item and the "Install Git browser..." menu
item in Tools would be that the latter opens the Git browser at the end and
the former does not.

> - revert #installGitInfrastructure to again do #ensureRecentMetacello

Coming back from the methods to the GUI: one should not first have to click
the Metacello button to make the "Install Git browser..." button work.