[squeak-dev] Changing the size of the display (was: Re: The Inbox: 51Deprecated-ct.55.mcz)

Levente Uzonyi leves at caesar.elte.hu
Thu Aug 15 23:03:26 UTC 2019

On Thu, 15 Aug 2019, commits at source.squeak.org wrote:

> A new version of 51Deprecated was added to project The Inbox:
> http://source.squeak.org/inbox/51Deprecated-ct.55.mcz

> Name: 51Deprecated-ct.55
> Author: ct
> Time: 15 August 2019, 5:40:12.950735 pm
> UUID: b38691b1-fb52-6344-b640-8c59bec7545f
> Ancestors: 51Deprecated-ct.54
>
> Mark further methods as deprecated (and check their senders)
>
> =============== Diff against 51Deprecated-ct.54 ===============
>
> Item was changed:
>  ----- Method: DisplayScreen class>>depth:width:height:fullscreen: (in category '*51Deprecated') -----
>  depth: depthInteger width: widthInteger height: heightInteger fullscreen: aBoolean

This method is still the only way to change the size of the display, when
the image is started with the -vm-display-none flag (that's about 90% of
our production images), because
- you still have a Display, hurray
- HostWindowPlugin will refuse to notice that, because you don't have
any windows

So, deprecating this method was probably a mistake.

Levente

P.S.: I'm still a heavy user of primitive 240 (and sometimes 241) - the
clock primitives deprecated at the same time. And I'm about to add
primtiive 243 to the Trunk some day, so I suppose those (240 and 241)
shouldn't be deprecated either.