[squeak-dev] swiki source suited to recent Squeaks

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Aug 15 23:20:49 UTC 2019

> On 2019-08-15, at 12:01 PM, Chris Cunnington <brasspen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I would like to say the the first rule of fight club is that you don’t talk about fight club, but I imagine it’s that Seaside creates random urls and so cannot be scraped by Google.

It's not just with google that we fail though, sadly. The search within squeaksource is not so useful either. For example almost the first thing I did when you mentioned it was to look for the 'ss2' project - which didn't get found. Sure 'tinywiki' was found but we must be able to do better at this kind of thing somehow. More thoughtful tagging would help a lot.

One of the real annoyances I have with the 'cool names clique' that has long existed in software project naming-land is that it horribly obscures things. In fact that annoyance was why I labelled the host windows code as 'Ariethfa Ffenestri' - as a tweak to the nose of 'cool names', since it is just a literal translation of the 'proper' project name.

Obviously one thing that would help a lot is us collectively making better use of SqueakMap. Fat chance of that...

tim
Any nitwit can understand computers.  Many do.